Sanatan Fiji - Branch Delegates Meet The delegates from various Sanatan Branches met on 20 November 2016 to discuss significance issues driving the social, economic, religious and educational development of the members of Sanatan Fiji as well as that of all Fijians.
- The delegates were informed that Sanatan Fiji has now taken over the management of Vatuwaqa Crematorium from Corrections’ Department of the Government. It has not been repaired after it was seriously damaged by TC Winston earlier this year. The roof of the crematorium and the toilet facilities needed urgent maintenance work. Several business houses were approached. Vinod Patel and Company, RC Manubhai Industries and Kasabias Limited kindly donated the materials needed. Several generous donators [Mechanical Services [$1000], Vijay Auto Spares Ltd [$2000] and other individuals also contributed sufficient money to meet the labour costs. Raniga Jewellers Limited kindly donated a power plant worth about $3000. It is used in our wielding work at the crematory. We will also use this power plant at the Shiv temple in future. However, Sanatan Fiji is still looking for about $2500 needed to complete the toilet project. A donation of about $1000 is also needed to install electricity at the cemetery. This service was never available at the cemetery. Kind assistance towards these projects will be highly appreciated.
Construction of Vatuwaqa Crematorium in progress (21/11/2016)
- The delegates also agreed to strengthen their branches. In particular, the branches were requested to establish Nari, education, sports, youth and Brahmin Purohit wings. The Chair and the other section heads stressed their importance and urged the delegates to send the names of the coordinators of the wings to the Sanatan Fiji headquarters. The delegates were asked to send the up-to-date list of their branch executive if not done yet. A template to complete the list has already been sent to all the branches.
- The meeting was also informed of the commercial initiatives that Sanatan Fiji is working on. First, the plans are now been drawn to develop the Shiv Temple car park into a three level commercial sector. Second, a double storey block comprising a library and a seminar room will be built at the Sanatan headquarters site. And thirdly, a beautification project of the Shiv Temple is been planned.
In its report, the Chair of the Education Wing explained to the meeting the rationale behind the establishment of the Wing, its members and their responsibilities and the activities it was involved in. He added that
- the Website [www. sanatanfiji.com] was already established;
- Brahman purohits’ uniform text production work was in progress;
- Interfaith Search Fiji’s work is being coordinated by Pt. Ramesh Prasad Sharma who is the current its chairperson.
- Vaal Vikas and EHV programs are taken by some members. We are now preparing the curriculum and are trying to invite more coordinators (retired teachers) and prepare them for these programs. We are also stressing the importance of teaching Hindi in our schools and its promotion at home and in the community. We are preparing our EHV program in Hindi.
- As of now, Sanatan Fiji has taken two research projects. The first project is on Hindu Death Expenses. Research schedules are being prepared and data collection will begin soon. The second project is on gathering data on Sanatan schools, temples, ramayan mandalis and other Sanatan organizations.
- We are still working on Sanatan Fiji’s constitution review work.