The flow chart below shows the organizational platform upon which the leadership and management process of Sanatan Fiji is anchored. It is important to point out that this is just a glimpse of the process. The detailed information is in Sanatan Fiji’s Constitution which is now being reviewed and it will be posted on this website as soon as it is promulgated.
Sanatan Organizational Platform
To begin with, it is underscored that Sanatan Fiji is a democratic, religious, spiritual, educational, cultural and charitable organization. Its organizational platform comprises the a Patron, two Vice Patrons, National Trustees, a National Executive Council, a National Executive and Delegates Council, a Working Committee, Local and Overseas Branches, a Brahman Sabha, a Nari Sabha, a Youth Wing, a Sports Committee and an Education Board.
The applicants for membership shall complete a prescribed application form. There are two types of members. The first enter Sanatan Fiji through their respective Branches by becoming paid members of Ramayan Mandalis, Mahila Mandals, Youth Groups and other Sanatan Dharm organizations. The second acquire their life membership or honorary life membership by paying a subscription of one hundred dollars and obtaining an honorary life membership certificate. Alternatively any Sanatan follower may become an honorary member by paying twenty dollars on an annual basis. Such members shall be issued an official identity card and their membership shall lapse by the non-payment of their annual subs by the 31st March each year.
A Sanatan Branch comprises Ramayan Mandalis, Mahila Mandals, Sanatan School and Temple Committees, Youth and Social groups and other related organizations. These are established and managed by individual qualified and financial members who uphold the ideals, values and principles of Sanatan Dharm. A Branch of Sanatan Fiji is the most important functional body of Sanatan in terms of organizing the members and its organizations and spreading the gospels of Sanatan Dharm including its vision, mission, aims and objectives, values and principles. The National Executive Council defines the boundaries of respective branches based on respective cities and towns of the country.
Branch Office Bearers
The office bearers of a Branch Executive comprises
- One President
- Five Vice Presidents
- One Secretary
- One Assistant Secretary
- One Treasurer
- One Assistant Treasurer
- One Auditor
- Seven committee members that include a representative each from the Branch Brahman Sabha, Nari Sabha, Youth Wing, Sports Wing and the Education Wing. All the office bearers of a Branch shall hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible for re-election. Only paid members are eligible for election in the branch office and all nominations are to be made from the floor in the AGM or SGM following the democratic principles upon which Sanatan Fiji is based. The election procedure of the office bearers of other branch organizations shall be similar to that of the branch executive committee.
Sanatan National Executive Council
Sanatan Fiji National Executive Council shall comprise
- One Patron
- Two Vice Patrons
- One President
- Ten Vice Presidents that include one representative each from the Brahman Sabha, Nari Sabha, Education Wing, Youth Wing and Sports Wing
- One National Secretary
- Two Assistant National Secretaries
- One National Treasurer
- Two Assistant National Treasurers
Sanatan National Delegates’ Council
- All the members of the National Executive Council [see above].
- And five delegates from each Branch.
Term in Office in the above Councils
- All the office-bearers of the National Executive and Delegates Councils shall hold office for a period of three years and they shall be eligible for re-election.
- Sanatan awardees and the honorary life members may attend the National and Delegates’ Council , Annual General or Special General Meetings as observes.
Board of Trustees
There are seven members on the Board of Trustees whose appointment shall be registered under the Religious Bodies Act or any other laws or statutes applicable. The term of the Trustees shall be four years from the date of appointment [see the Sanatan Fiji Constitution for more information].